The Obtain Cleanse California Act (BCCA) – Public Contract Code portion 3500 et seq. – requires condition businesses to take into account the carbon content material of the pursuing merchandise when awarding contracts:
- Structural metal
- Concrete reinforcing steel
- Flat glass and
- Mineral wool board insulation.
It is anticipated that further products might be included as a result of future legislation.
Environmental Product Declaration
Effective July 1, 2022. thriving bidders on the adhering to condition project will be required to submit an Environmental Products Declaration (EPD) figuring out the product’s environmental influence above its daily life cycle:
- Office of Transportation
- Section of H2o Resources
- Office of Parks and Recreation
- Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Military services Office
- Section of Normal Expert services
- Regents of the University of California
- Trustees of the California Point out College and
- Condition businesses granted authority do the job on general public will work projects below Management Memo 18-01.
For items to be qualified, item companies ought to perform a products daily life cycle evaluation and make the most of a “program operator” to confirm and publish the EPD. Producers can make the most of software operators by means of the System Operator Software although they are not demanded to.
Awarding businesses are accountable for implementation of the EPD requirement and needs could differ in between the companies. Additional information on the BCCA can be discovered at the Office of General Providers BCCA webpage.