KITTANNING – Armstrong County inhabitants will quickly have nearby regulation enforcement info at their fingertips.
At their July 7 assembly, Armstrong County Commissioners Don Myers, Jason Renshaw and Pat Fabian unanimously accepted a deal with CRIMEWATCH Technologies Inc., a web-site and phone application that offers streamlined regulation enforcement information to the public.
“I assume it’s likely to be a wonderful resource for anyone in the county,” Armstrong County District Lawyer Katie Charlton, who initiated the agreement with CRIMEWATCH Technologies, instructed the commissioners last week. “It links felony justice organizations, the media, enterprises and the public.”
In accordance to Charlton, CRIMEWATCH Technologies will integrate all Armstrong County regulation enforcement social media posts in just one handy on line site, as very well as present warrant data on county fugitives and serve as a suggestion hotline for members of the general public.
“You can get [the information] ideal on your cell phone,” she claimed, pointing out that other counties including Indiana, Erie and Clinton have now executed the solutions of the Pennsylvania-headquartered CRIMEWATCH in their communities. In reality, Charlton noted that she looked into the platform following it was suggested to her by officials in a neighboring county. “Everyone I’ve talked with who has joined has explained it is a excellent system.”
While some facts is available to the public, Charlton spelled out that other information and facts on the website will be strictly for the use of neighborhood law enforcement.
Citing one particular illustration, Charlton pointed out that property owners and firms can sign up safety cameras with the county by way of CRIMEWATCH, so regulation enforcement officials can have obtain to the footage when a criminal offense happens. She included, nonetheless, that users of the community would not have obtain to the footage or the camera destinations.
“The general public can get on and see the community data that’s available,” Charlton claimed.
Whilst Charlton stated that her place of work will be the first to use the on line platform, she hopes to at some point have all of the county’s law enforcement officials linked.
“We’re likely to get started with my office and see how it goes,” she reported, introducing that she will be having to pay the annually expense of the support, approximately $6,000, up entrance with funds from her forfeiture cash. “If you appear at the costs, I was floored with how reasonable it is.”
Eventually, Charlton stated she thinks all people in the county will gain from owning the county legislation enforcement facts built-in into 1 put.
“I think the general public will really like it,” she explained. “It’s all in one location, so you really don’t have to go from page to site.”
• A contract was renewed involving the county and Schneider Electric for servicing and warranty on the uninterrupted energy offer at many cell tower internet sites.
• The commissioners also renewed an agreement with the Allegheny County Jail to dwelling inmates at a new expense of $127 per day, an raise from the previous fee of $116 per working day.
The new contract is efficient July even though June 2023.
• A contract amendment was authorised with Palmetto Posting Inc., the business that does the county’s tax claim promoting and publishing.
County Chief Administrator Aaron Poole claimed the new agreement features a momentary 3 per cent gas surcharge.
Poole famous that the enterprise has not elevated its charges because 2012, and is continue to the most cost-effective alternative.
• Approval was also provided for an settlement with the condition Section of Transportation (PennDOT) for the buy of the Kiski Junction Railroad Line in the amount of $3.5 million.
• The commissioners also up to date the county’s latest staff termination plan demanding that section heads, directors and assistant directors offer a 60-day recognize for voluntary resignations. Those who fall short to deliver the correct see will forfeit any unused sick or family vacation times.
“This in essence delivers this policy in line with a lot of qualified positions and corporations,” Myers explained, pointing out that a two-week detect is normally not enough time to switch an administrator. “It’s a courtesy to the corporation they’ve been operating for.”